March 22 is World Water Day 2016. This year’s theme is about water and jobs.
Nearly all jobs in the world are related to water. Because of water scarcity or polluted water in some parts of the world, jobs are either dangerous or hard to come by. By focusing on how enough quantity and quality of water can change people’s lives, you can help provide solutions.
Here’s a few suggestions of how you can help:
- Water.org has ongoing campaigns that need your support
- Take steps to save water at home with shorter showers, low-water usage toilet, faucet aerators, and native landscape that requires less irrigation
- Reduce water pollution by using organic fertilizers, curtailing fertilizer run off into storm drains, as much elimination as possible of herbicides and insecticides, and not pouring medicines or other chemicals down the drain or toilet
- Purchase and support organic food to help restore groundwater safety
- Spread awareness of water issues via social media — here’s some visuals to share and also here